Honora World Musings & Mutterings

I muse . . . I mutter . . . Therefore, I am.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Monday, January 02, 2006

Where, oh, where has Honora been?

True - I've been largely cyber-absent since September. Well, at least blogwise. My cyber-presence looms large within the confines of the work network (i.e., in an intranet sorta way). Work is a rollout monster . . . gaining momentum, leading to the big bang in May 2006. Fourth quarter 2005 was spent on infrastructure - this is a more complicated rollout than usual.

Pretend you're a factory and you've signed a contract to deliver . . . I don't know, a plane or a car or a case of soda. Now pretend you need to re-tool the entire factory (design and install all new equipment) and re-train all your workers on the back-end about maintaining that new infrastructure. Only then can you make the product you've promised to deliver. So that's my reality for a while. Oh, and add a whole new eLearning system to accomplish the product delivery (the product here is both the new software and the successful training of employees in the use of it). "Late June 2006" is a mantra I repeat often - envisioning it as the deep satisfied sigh that follows a (hopefully) job well done.

Oh, yeah - and I have to buy a house in the next two-three months (long story - the procrastination factor has been removed which is not a bad thing).

And my daughter is a teenager - 'nuff said. Here's to moving thru that gracefully (both she and I).

So I'll post as I can . . . Cheers to a productive, life-changing (in a good, not overly dramatic way) and very happy 2006. Hope yours is the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home